VTI offers a range of engineering services to help customers realize their product development or production goals. Starting with development, VTI can help with material selection or manufacturing services. VTI can also help with the development of tooling. VTI uses the AIAG APQP process by default but will engage the customer in their own product development methodology as well.
VTI can also provide Quality Engineering services to assist with process optimization using DOE or FMEA. When you are ready to deploy, VTI will also be there to support you as needed. VTI has supported UAV fuel bladder integration on several occasions.
- Material selection
- Tooling services and development
- Product development
- Quality engineering services
- On site integration support
What You Get with VTI
Vinyl Technology, Inc. complies with standards required by the US government and Department of Defense that include the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), STANAG 4671 and MIL-STD-6396. VTI can also fabricate products that comply with the Berry Amendment when required.
VTI’s Quality System is currently certified to AS9100D and ISO9001:2015. Since 2014, VTI has implemented LEAN Manufacturing practices, Six Sigma, and Kaizen methodologies to improve operations. VTI is an FDA Registered manufacturer of medical products.
Commonly used materials include:
- Specialty films including PVC, TPU, and other thermo-plastics.
- Military-Spec Materials and Fabrics, like cotton, duck and nylon. These tend to be water-resistant, abrasion-proof lightweight, and heavy duty.
- Polyurethane/TPU Coated and Laminated Fabrics. These fabrics are strong and light and are air- and water-tight.
- Vinyl/PVC Coated and laminated Fabrics. This is similar to TPU coated and laminated fabrics but tend to be more affordable. This may be a better choice for less critical items.
- Nylon, Polyester, Canvas, Kevlar, Nomex, Etc. These are available in military spec (Berry Amendment compliant…) or commercial grades.
Tooling Services and Development
Vinyl Technology can support your tooling development. We have our own in-house tool makers with CNC 5-axis machines which allows for quick turnaround and minimizes production downtime. More sophisticated tool and die needs can be outsourced to our specialty tooling house partners.
Starting with your CAD drawings, we can help take your product from the prototype stage to large production volumes.
VTI employs a full staff of mechanical, industrial, product, and quality engineers. We offer a range of reasonable NRE fees for the various stages of your design.
On Site Integration Support
VTI offers planning, integration, and support capabilities to help you get a customized project running for your business or organization.